Saturday 1 September 2018
This easy recipe is a favourite with non-cooks and transforms tired and old produce into top-tasting tucker for everyone. Anything from broccoli to red peppers this recipe can be personalised any day of the week.
Instant Tortilla Pizza
- Flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp tomato passata
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 handful grated cheese
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan and dry fry the tortilla for about 1 minute on each side.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a frying pan and gently fry the vegetable assortment for 5-7 minutes until it softens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortilla on a shallow baking tray. Spread the tomato passata over the tortilla and then spread the vegetables over in an even layer. Sprinkle over the dried herbs and top with the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts and starts to colour.
For more recipes to use up leftovers, go to Love Food, Hate Waste.